How can I download upgrade installers for Oracle WebLogic Server (WLS)?
Upgrade installers are programs that allow you to upgrade to later patchsets or Maintenance Packs within a WebLogic Server (WLS) major release version. For example, if you already have WLS 10.3.0.0 installed, you can upgrade to Fusion Middleware 11gR1 (WLS 10.3.1) or Fusion Middleware 11gR1 PS1 (WLS 10.3.2) using an upgrade installer, without needing to perform a complete installation.
Upgrade installers for WebLogic Server can be downloaded from My Oracle Support through the “Patches and Updates” section.
Log in to My Oracle Support. A valid login name and CSI (Customer Support ID number) will be needed. Once you log in you will find that popular Net installers and Upgrade installers are available under the Patches & Updates Tab. The patch description now specifies whether the installer is a Net installer or an Upgrade installer. A Net installer is basically a stub, which will then download the remaining code needed during the installation process. An Upgrade installer does not require any additional downloads, so it can be used to upgrade an offline system, for example.
Following are the steps to download an Upgrade or Net Installer for Oracle WebLogic Server:
- Log into My Oracle Support.
- Click on the “Patches & Updates” tab.
NOTE: For upgrade installers for WebLogic Platform (NOT WebLogic Server) 8.1.6, please search for patch ID 9479129 from the Patches & Updates screen. You can ignore the rest of these steps.
- Look in the Left Pane – Patching Quick Links section to find the “Latest Patchsets” link under Oracle Server/Tools. Click to open this quick link in a new browser tab/ window.
- In this new page, use the “Advanced Search” tab in the Latest Oracle Server/Tools Patchsets page opened in Step 3.
- Once you are in the Advanced Search – in the ‘Product or Product Family’ option, pick “Oracle WebLogic Server.” This can be achieved by clicking on the Torch icon, which opens a selections page. A search for “Oracle WebLogic Server” returns 3 options. Select the Product Name “Oracle WebLogic Server (beaowls) and Product Family “Oracle BEA Oracle Fusion Middleware.”
- You can then filter these results further on the “Advanced Search” page, by modifying the “Release” version to include the WLS version(s) of your choice. Note that this version refers to the TARGET of the upgrade. For example, if you are upgrading to WLS 10.3.5, the version entered is WLS 10.3.5, no matter what version you are upgrading from. Click on the Torch icon beside the box to populate the existing WLS version list. To delete a WLS version from this list, click the Trash icon next to it.
- Select the “Platform” for which the installer is required.
- Ensure that the “Patch Type” is Patch.
- Click “Go” to return search results with above selections.
- This will search and return the search results with an Upgrade Installer. Click on that patch number.
- Verify that it says Oracle WebLogic Server: Patch “PLACEHOLDER BUG FOR WebLogic Server <Version> with <MP> Upgrade Installer <Platform>” in the description.
NOTE: If you do not find any results returned for your selection, the Upgrade Installer for WLS may not be available for this version and platform combination. If you need further clarifications, please open a Service Request.
Upgrade installers for WebLogic Platform are also available using this same procedure. Just substitute BEA WebLogic Platform for Oracle WebLogic Server in the Advanced Search product field. By the way, WebLogic Platform upgrade installers for 8.1.6 are also found here: no special bug number is needed.
- G.A. releases of WebLogic Server (for example, WLS 188.8.131.52, WLS 10.0.0.0, or WLS 10.3.0.0) do not have upgrade installers as these are not patched versions.
- There is no upgrade installer for WebLogic Server 10.0 MP2 or WebLogic Platform 10.2 MP1; making these upgrades requires a complete installation. For details, please see Note 1061806.1.
- Detailed instructions for how to run the upgrade installers can be found at Note 1064633.1.
NOTE:1061806.1 – Where Can I Get the Upgrade Installer for WebLogic Server 10.0 MP2 or WebLogic Platform 10.2 MP1?
NOTE:1064633.1 – WebLogic Server 10.3.x Instructions for Upgrade Installer in Graphical, Console, or Silent Mode